Boy dies after ‘smoking colorado’

By Osagie Otabor, Akure

A 17-year-old boy, identified as Joshua, has reportedly died after smoking high dose of suspected colorado.

The incident reportedly occurred on Sunday at Oba-Ile in Akure North Local Government.

Eyewitnesses said the deceased usually smoked the substance with his friends.

Read Also: ’We were lured into robbery by friends we met at hemp smoking joints’

He was said to have gone into coma after puffing it three times, in order to get high.

The sources said he was in coma for two days and was rushed to hospital when he didn’t wake up after two days.

Colorado is a synthetic drug and users are said to lack control over certain parts of their bodies after smoking it.